Saturday, June 15, 2013

June 15, 2013


After a very brief rain last night, we woke up to a beautiful blue sky day.  No dark clouds or lightning or thunder.  Just clear blue skies.  And not as warm as yesterday.

Michelle and her family are taking care of a friend's 7 month old dog named Holiday.  She loves peanut butter.  So I fixed her a treat this morning.  I spread about a tablespoon of Jif on a paper plate and set it on the grass.  She pushed it all over the backyard while trying to lick the PNB off.  Finally she put her paw on the plate and that solved her problem.  When the plate was clean, I took it into the house.  She followed me in and reclaimed the plate.  I guess it wasn't as devoid of peanut butter as I thought.

In the middle of the afternoon, we went to Meredith and Dwaine's for a cookout.  It was the last time for us to enjoy their beautiful backyard and watch the boats on Boyd Lake.

Joshua drove Michelle and me home while the others were taking a walk at the lake.  Before Michelle got in the van, Joshua asked if we should leave her.  When she got in, she said "Were you going to leave your mother?"  Joshua said, "She's my grandma and that trumps you."  Yep!  The kid won points with me, once again!

At bedtime, we had a huge lightening storm, followed with hard rain for about five minutes.  What’s the deal?  Colorado needs more “splash” and less “flash!”

No comments:

Post a Comment