Sunday, June 9, 2013

June 9, 2013


It was a beautiful day today.  After all the wind we had yesterday, it was nice to have a calm day.  However, the temperature was higher today.  I guess it was a tradeoff.

Meredith and Michelle wanted planter boxes, so they commandeered their dad to help them build a couple of them.  One was large and the other was quite a bit smaller.  The three of them worked for several hours, then Dwaine came to help.  Before long, Ron joined in the “fun.”  By then, it turned into a project by committee.  I decided it was a good idea to “stay out of Dodge.”

At noon, Meredith and I went to Sam’s Club for three pizzas.  Can you believe it, not a soul felt like cooking?  Go figure!

Before Meredith went home, she and Michelle had applied one coat of stain.  Bill will go in early in the morning to add another coat.  I’m not sure what they plan to plant, but I will keep you informed.

I had meant to work on finishing a quilt Michelle had pieced together for Connor.  It is an Oregon Ducks theme.  Mainly it needs the edging finished.  I had almost no energy today, so it still needs the edging.  Perhaps I will tackle it tomorrow.  It may be a challenge because my right hand is still in a cast, but I’ll give it the “old college try.”

No comments:

Post a Comment