Saturday, June 8, 2013

June 8, 2013


I woke up at 9:00 this morning, but didn't want to get out of my warm, snugly bed.  At 9:10, Bill said Meredith had just driven up.  I was out of bed in a "flash."  Oops!  I think I blew my cover.  Now "himself" will know how to get me up in a hurry.

Meredith, Michelle, Matthew, two dogs, and I went to Uncle Benny's.  It is a place that sells used lumber, etc.  Michelle was looking for stepping stones.  She didn't find any, but Meredith found a rough hewn log that she will make into a bench.

We took the log, the pups, and Matthew back to stay with  Dwaine , and give Hapa and Joey some play time.  Then we headed for Lowe's, aka "Daddy Day Care" because Bill and Brent spend so much time there when we are in Mississippi.

When we got back to the "dog care facility," I saw Matthew out on the trail walking the furry beasts.  He had good control of the situation.  The dogs were off leash and behaving well.  As they got closer to home, Matthew put them back on their leashes.  They were very glad to see us back home, but were not dragging Matthew along the sidewalk.  He's a good dog walker!

Dinner was a combined effort...Meredith made the beef stroganoff and the brownies, Matthew made the rice, and Michelle, with help from Connor and Joshua, made apple crisp.  She also made a salad.  My contribution...I bought the ice cream!  It was all very good...the dinner and the dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment