Sunday, June 2, 2013

June 2, 2013


Today was a completely lazy day for me.  I didn't get up until well after 9:00.  I sat on the sofa with Bill, watching a news program.  I dozed off and on.

Meredith brought warm banana walnut bread.  It was so-o-o good. That was my breakfast!  What a way to start a day...extra rest and a warm homemade treat.  Ah!

After watching the NASCAR race from Dover, Delaware, Bill and I went to Meredith and Dwaine's house and enjoyed sitting in their backyard. It is a very restful place.  We watched boats on the lake and people walking their dogs on the path around the lake.

Joey wanted to play so I told him to find his tennis ball.  Meredith told him, also.  He went to a bush, nosed around for a bit, and found a ball he had hidden there. He's such a smart dog.  He never ceases to amaze us.

For the last couple of weeks we have watched a bird flying to a certain branch.  Today, Dwaine heard some tiny chirps and located a nest.  Two little mouths were wide open, waiting for food.

Michelle's troop came for dinner.  We made our own burritos. Michelle brought Spanish rice and a really good corn dish.  No one in the group went away hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment