Sunday, June 30, 2013

June 30, 2013--Escapade in Gillette, Wyoming


We were out the door at 8:45.  I went to sign up for craft classes.  The ones I choose were jewelry things.  Does that surprise any of you?  I have my first class tomorrow morning at 8:30.  It has to do with wire wrapping of polished rocks.

Bill was looking at rigs for sale.  I was very glad I had the checkbook with me!   I met him in the main building and we toured the vendor area.  There were about half as many booths as at the FMCA Convention, but we did get free popcorn.  Ah, life is good!

Several days ago we found a geocache not too far from Walmart.  Wendy and Mike couldn't find it today so we went with them to see if it had been muggled .  It was still there, but was a really tricky hiding place.  From there, we went in search of several more.  We found four before going back home.

At 4:00, we went to the opening ceremony for the Escapade.  Kay Peterson, with her husband, Joe, started the Escapee RV Club 35 years ago.  Joe died two years ago, but Kay, at the age of 84, was there to talk to the gathering.  She is a very clever, creative person.  It was interesting to hear her today.

Tonight, we went back to the Wyoming Center for the evening's entertainment, The Rivoli Revue.  Ron and Kay Rivoli sang and interspersed humor between the songs.  They were very entertaining.

This was a really busy, but fun day for these two old timers.

No comments:

Post a Comment