Wednesday, September 10, 2014

September 10, 2014---Elks Lodge, Walnut Creek, California


 Lori came after her yoga class.  We were meeting Karen Trestrail for lunch.  Natalia was coming, too.  Lori and I have known Karen since her son, Ian, and JP were in school together from Kindergarten until high school graduation.  We went to California Pizza Kitchen.

Afterwards, Lori and I went to Hobby Lobby, one of our favorite places to shop.  We are both so glad that company has moved into this area.

Back at Lori’s apartment, I worked on a wreath with stars while she was making a new creation with corks and bells.  We just never run out of things to do.

Bill came in time to take us for a very unusual dinner experience.  Every Wednesday, food vendor trucks come to the area in front of Pleasant Hill City Hall.  There were ten trucks and lots and lots of people there to buy their dinners.  Some diners were sitting on the lawn to eat.  Plenty of chairs were set up around so that’s where we ate.  Music was being played over a speaker, but a live band was setting up to perform just before we left.

Bill had a brisket sandwiches and Lori and I had empanadas.  Notice on the menu board ox tails and grits (smothered with gravy) was listed.  Since Brent wasn't here to share that culinary delight with me, I chose something traditional.























Afterwards, we went to an ice cream place for desert.  Some of the flavors were rather unusual.  I had never seen avocado ice cream so I sampled it.  Although it was good, I chose Chongos Zamorans, a Mexican desert.  It was some sort of sweet cottage cheese...very rich and very good.


No comments:

Post a Comment