Sunday, September 14, 2014

September 14, 2014---Elks Lodge, Walnut Creek, California


When Bill and I were in Junction City having some work done on the motorhome we met Steve and Jean from Gilroy, California, also there with their rig for work.  With them was their Burmese Mountain Dog, Max.  He and I became good friends.

After we arrived in Walnut Creek, they sent a message to us, we communicated, and today we drove to Gilroy to visit with them.  They have a beautiful home a few miles east of town.  They have a great view of the coastal mountains west of Gilroy.  We sat on their patio and talked about motorhoning, among other things.

"Max, you and I both know I came to see you, but don't tell your mom and dad.  It's our  secret.  OK?"
Their son, Mike, was there, also.  He and I talked about rescue dogs. (We have five of those in our family...Joey, Hapa, Max, Tucker and Maddie.  I listed them by size.)  He does a lot of work with rescue dogs in the Gilroy area.  He is working to socialize his rescued pup, Myra.  At first, she wouldn’t leave his side, but after some minutes time she began to come close to both Bill and me.

Max likes lots of attention and, of course, I was happy to oblige him.  He’s a big, wooly, wonderful heap of black fur.




We went to lunch at Chevy's and continued talking about places we have visit

Before leaving the area, Bill and I went to Walmart for some supplies and stopped at Camping World for a running light cover.  The drive back to the Elks Lodge was fairly uneventful.  Lori came to collect and she, Mario, and I watched the 49ers game.  Sadly, they blew it in the last half.

Bill stayed at home to watch the NASCAR race from Chicago.  Jeff did well, but didn’t win.  Darn!!

2 comments:

  1. Raymonda and Bill,

    Jean, Michael, Max, Myra and I enjoyed our visit on Sunday. Bill, thanks for all the information on motorhome handling.

    Next time if In and Out is too busy, We'll do burgers here! When I do burgers I grind my own beef cuts to make a lean mix with just enough fat to give flavor. We add our own home grown herbs.

    We hope you enjoy the films in Lone Pine. See you along the highways and you have our phone and contact info so if you are in this area again let us know.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your burgers sound fantastic. We'll remind you when we are in Gilroy!

      Delete