Friday, September 12, 2014

September 12, 2014---Elks Lodge, Walnut Creek, California


Today was a very busy day.  Bill and I found a cache about 500 feet from the Elks Lodge parking lot.  It was up a hill and back down the hill to a bridge.  Bill found it in a magnetic key holder on the back side of one of the metal support beams on the bridge.

We went on several errands...Sprouts Farm Store for fruit, parts houses for a light cover for the MH, Walmart, and Dollar Tree.  And as luck would have it, lunch time came at about the time In-N-Out came into view.  How’s that for timing?  That’s visit #18 for 2014.

I spent some time this afternoon on my quilt project and I made quite a bit of progress.  I have started some of the basting so I’m beginning to see the “fruits of my labor.”

At 5:30, Deidra came to get me to go to a party at Lori’s.  It is something we do every year.  Usually, it is an “ornament party,” but this year we decided to take a break from our usual event and just have a get together.  Candi and Karen were there, also.  I have known all these women for a long time and it was good to see each of them.  We had so much to catch up on.  I’ve watch their kids grow up, so I had a bunch of news to hear.

We had a pot luck kind of dinner and had way too much food.  But it was all really good.  We sat on the patio and talked and laughed and talked and laughed.  After our dinners had a chance to settle, we had dessert...key lime pie, chocolate mousse with raspberries and whipped cream, zucchini cobbler, and coconut “cake,” which was kind of a cross between a cake and a cobbler.

It was a busy, fun kind of day!



No comments:

Post a Comment