Monday, September 29, 2014

September 29, 2014---Alabama Hills, Lone Pine, California


Do any of you remember the old TV show in which the maid was named Hazel?  Well, my Hazel went into Lone Pine this morning to do laundry.  While he was gone...now don’t faint...I fixed him a big breakfast.  I don’t think I do as good a job as Chef Bill does, but my heart was in the right place!  That should count for something.

We watched a report on George Clooney’s wedding.  They tied the knot.  I wondered what kind of knot...square or overhand.  Bill said, “Maybe it was a granny knot.”  He’s probably correct!






We went caching this morning.  Our first adventure took us up into old mining country.  The road to it was a real challenge.  We finally made it and had to park and walk up a very rocky place.  It was listed a “4” for terrain, and it was ever bit as hard as that.  Wow!  We were able to find the container, log our find, and go back over the same rugged road with no major damage.










After trying to get to another location in the same area, we gave up and drove back to the highway.  Our second, and last, cache of the day was just outside Manzanar Japanese Interment camp used  during WW2.  It is always sobering to visit the site.  That certainly wasn’t one of the better ideas of the USA!

We went for a 25 minute evening walk.  It wasn’t as treacherous as yesterday’s, but we went up and down some fairly steep places.  I did better tonight. And  I could walk up the steps of the motorhome without any extra help!  Yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment