Monday, September 22, 2014

September 22, 2014---Von’s, Bishop, California

Today, I went to Ben Franklin Craft Store.  I am certainly glad I did.  For several years I have looked for a special kind of paper twist like I used when I was teaching basket making.  I found it at Ben’s!  Wow!  I was so excited I used some of the twist to recreate a loose weave basket I had made years ago.

One of my main reasons for weaving it tonight was to see how much of the paper twist I needed.  I couldn’t remember.  Although I need to make improvements on this style basket, I was able to do the basic weave.  Tomorrow, I will return to the store to get more of the paper twist.

As I told you yesterday, I would introduce Maddie.  Well, here she is.....

This is Madison, but she is usually called Maddie.  Natalia adopted her.  She was a street dog in Oakland and had had a litter of puppies.  For Natalia, it was love at first sight.  

Maddie is adorable.  She has wild hair and a tail that wags most of the time.  And because she is so little, she can hide...which she does if she gets scolded.  She can often be found hiding in the pillows on Lori’s bed.


Maddie and Tucker (Lori’s dog that you will meet next) are best friends.  We often find them curled up together, taking naps.

Maddie has been a wonderful addition to our family.







No comments:

Post a Comment