Friday, September 5, 2014

September 5, 2014---Elks Lodge, Walnut Creek, California


Happy Birthday, Connor.  Eighteen years old already.  Where did the time go to!  Make your celebration on this day a wonderful one.

I spent most of today working on my quilt project.  I am so out of practice.  It is discouraging because it makes me more aware of my advancing age.  Yuck!  I am really having to pay attention to the measurements.  Tonight I cut a piece of fabric the wrong size and now I have to figure how to correct my mistake.  Yes, I do love a challenge.

The Elks Lodge where we are parked had a special event today.  And the parking lot was full to overflowing.  It was a dedication ceremony for a CHP officer shot in the line of duty two years ago.  He was issuing a traffic citation at the I-680/Hwy. 24 interchange, which was named in his honor.  On the news tonight, the story covered by two TV stations, it was reported to be the most dangerous intersection in the state.  And I can tell you it is not my favorite place to drive.

Natalia and Mario drive it every day going to their jobs.  But they both agree, traffic is terrible here.  Bill said since being here he has had to learn all over again how to tailgate, because if you don’t, you don’t get anywhere!

When writing my blog the night after we got here in Walnut Creek, I forgot to add to my 2014 count of In-N-Out meals.  The count is now to 16, and I fully expect to add several more visits before we leave this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment