Tuesday, September 16, 2014

September 16, 2014---Elks Lodge, Walnut Creek, California


We got our Wifi difficulty taken care of this morning.  It was a simple fix, but too technical for these two geezers.

Last night we went to see JP and Rosy in their new “digs” in Martinez.  After visiting for a while, we decided to go out for ice cream.  We haven’t spent much time in this area, but have heard the sidewalks are rolled up at dark.  It’s true!  After driving around for about 30 minutes and not finding an ice cream shop open, we went home and had cupcakes made by our hosts earlier in the day.  

JP and Rosy have two cats.  Kitty (I call her iCat because she belongs to my MAC guru grandson) is a breed called a Munchkin.  She has short legs and has some of the same colorings as a Siamese.  She is very pretty.

Last year, JP and Rosy adopted “Lulu.”  She was shy at first, but gradually appeared more during the evening.  She loves to play laser light tag.  That little cat can really move.

Kitty, aka iCat



Lulu and Kitty resting after a game of laser light tag.


Another thing of notable importance not reported on yesterday was visit #19 to In-N-Out!

I spent the first half of today finishing a project on Lori’s sewing machine.  (I started sewing on my mother’s Singer when I was five years old.  I called it a “masewing sheen.”)  I made a lot of progress today and was able to return the borrowed piece of equipment to Lori.

For dinner, Lori fixed Texas Soul Food, which is what our family calls pinto beans with ham hocks, pan fried potatoes and okra, cornbread, and relish Lori made from my Grandmother’s recipe. (It is sometime called Chow-chow.)  All the food was so-o-o-o good.  Lori sent us home with leftovers.  Yippy! Skippy!

No comments:

Post a Comment