Thursday, September 11, 2014

September 11, 2014---Elks Lodge, Walnut Creek, California


At 10:00 this morning, Lori, Natalia and I drove to Emoryville.  Our destination was IKEA.  We actually weren’t there very long, like we usually are.  But we were there long enough to have Swedish meatballs for an early lunch.

Natalia waiting for Lori and me to catch up in IKEA.

I had all of my high tech gizmos at Lori’s so I took the time to do some software updating using her Internet connection.  She went to the grocery store while I did my computer things.

I regret to say that I am not good at taking “selfies.”  This afternoon, I was sitting on the sofa typing on my computer.  Tucker, Lori’s black schnauzer was beside me with his head on the laptop right next to my hands.  It would have been a wonderful picture, but alas, I couldn’t make it happen.

This afternoon, Lori made a really good cobbler using zucchini.  It tasted as much like peach as anything else.  At this time of year, when anyone with a garden has way more zucchini than they can use or give away, Lori thought she had hit upon a great recipe.  And we all agreed as we sampled the results.

JP and Rosy came to Lori’s for dinner tonight.  Of course, Natalia and Mario were there, although he had a cold and wasn’t feeling well.  She served shish kabobs, steamed cauliflower, and rice.  For dessert she had chocolate fondue with strawberries, bananas, pound cake, Rice Crispy squares, and marshmallows for dipping. 

We sat on the patio to eat and visited even after all the fondue was gone.  It was a nice evening with family.

3 comments:

  1. Raymonda,
    Great talking to you yesterday. For future reference, our email address is smalexander99@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I typed a message, but I'm not sure where it went. So I'll try again. I enjoyed our visit also. And a great big scratchy "hi" to Max.

      Delete
  2. Received your reply. See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete