Wednesday, September 24, 2014

September 24, 2014---Bishop to Big Pine, California


After grocery shopping and fueling at Von’s, we hooked the Honda on and set off for Big Pine.  We parked at a campground, hooked up to electricity, and went geocaching.









There was a big pine tree here at one time, but it is long time.  In 1913, a sequoia was planted.  I wonder if they have ever considered changing the name of the town!











We found eight caches.  Some of them were in terrain like we see in Quartzsite.  We were practicing for Arizona.  We had to drive through three creeks, one of them three times.  That was not like Arizona.

I did a lot of walking, some of it in a rough area.  I was fairly steady on my feet.  I’m so glad I didn’t do any “face plants.”  That made it a really good day for me.

Today, it was sunny, warm, but windy.  That made it good caching weather.  We really enjoyed ourselves.  Tomorrow we continue our journey south on Hwy. 395.  There are caches along the way, so we should have lots of entertainment for the next few days.

I will continue our “family dog feature” tomorrow starring Max!  I finished the California cats and two dogs.  It is time to move on to Colorado...Max, Hapa, and Joey!







No comments:

Post a Comment