Monday, September 8, 2014

September 8, 2014---Elks Lodge, Walnut Creek, California


I took a break from my quilt project and spent the morning “unheaping” the desk.  It has really suffered lately.  Right now the small ironing board and iron are still on it.  I’ll deal with them later.  I did stash the cutting board so there is at least a little room to work now.  I had a lot of computer work that needed to be done, and I made a good dent in it today.

Bill and I went to Lori’s early this afternoon.  He was going to do the laundry in her machines while Lori and I went to see my knee surgeon,  Dr. Tischenko.  We had quite a long wait, but it was worth it.  He was glad to see me and I was glad to see him.  He wanted to know if we still lived in our RV and I asked about his son, who was in law school the last I heard.

I had both of my knees x-rayed, as well as my right hip.  I hurt it when I took a really hard fall on a geocache in the Yuma area last February.  It still bothers me sometime.  My knees are doing great, and my hip didn’t show any kind of a break.  In his examination of my hip, it didn’t take him but a couple of seconds to find the very sore place.

He suggested I get a cortisone shot for relief.  I did.  It was no big deal and I really hope it helps.  Dr. T said he was having some knee problems.  I told him I knew a really good doctor I would be glad to recommend.  He laughed, said “I’m not letting anyone here cut on me,” and walked out of the room.  He’s such a great guy...he cares!

Lori fixed bacon and tomato sandwiches for supper.  That’s one of my favorite kinds of sandwiches.  I also had avocado on mine.  After we ate, Bill was ready to go home.  We sent him on his way and Lori and I went to JoAnn’s Fabric in Concord.  They have a really big store there.

1 comment:

  1. Raymonda,

    If you and Bill are traveling south on 101, there is an In and Out here, really close to where we live. We also have an Elks here.

    Safe travels,
    Steve, Jean and Max, the Bernese Mountain Dog

    ReplyDelete