Thursday, September 4, 2014

September 4, 2014---Elks Lodge, Walnut Creek, California


This morning on Good Morning, America, the new Dancing With the Stars cast was introduced.  NASCAR driver and car owner Michael Waltrip is one of the stars.  That should be interesting.  He’s kind of a clown.  The new series starts in ten days.

Lori and I went to the new Hobby Lobby store in Concord today.  At least I think we were in Concord.  Everything in that area just seems to run into each other.  The store was very nice and very big.  We didn’t spend a lot of time there, but I hope to go back again and just wander around.  They had a huge area of Christmas items.  I know most of you think it is too early for those things to be out, but for those of us who make gifts, it is not too early to start.  In fact, it may be just about getting to be too late.

We went to Sam’s Club for lunch.  I know it is in Concord!  The store has been enlarged and rearranged.  But they still have good hot dogs.

After lunch, we went by Lori’s storage unit to get her sewing machine.  She had a dress she needed to alter.  And I have started a quilting project.  I thought those days were over, but I guess not!  I am going to try to get the machine work started while I am here, quilt on the road, and finish the machine work when we are at Michelle’s in Loveland.

Natalia cooked dinner tonight.  She made lasagna in the crock pot.  It was just like cooking it in the oven.  It was so good.  I had never thought of doing it in a slow cooker.  That’s something I could do in the motorhome, if I were of a mind to, that is.

Bill came for dinner.  We sat on the patio to eat.  The weather was so pleasant.  It was a treat to sit out like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment