Monday, August 15, 2011

August 15, 2011


August 15, 2011

We waited at the tire store for a shipment of tires to come in.  While we waited we watched the NASCAR race.  Soon after we finished lunch, a semi full of tires rolled into the lot.  About 10 minutes later Bill pulled the coach into the bay.  We were told that it would take between 1 1/2 to 2 hours to put four tires on.  I am retired, but I had no desire to see the motorhome get re-tired.  Bill wanted to stay with the motorhome, so I headed to Walmart by myself.  As I walked out of the door I heard Bill tell the office staff that I have a black belt in shopping at Walmart.  Sounds good to me!

I arrived back at the tire shop just as he was pulling the MH out into the parking lot.  How’s that for perfect timing?!  We hooked the CRV on and “got out of Dodge.”  We have an appointment Wednesday morning at 7:00 to have some work done on the metal braces of our slide out.  Not knowing how long it will take to drive to Moscow, Iowa, Bill wanted to get as many miles behind us as we could.  In the process we crossed the Mississippi River (Honk, honk!  Yahoo!) into Iowa one more time.  Is there any danger of wearing the air horns out?

We parked at Walmart in Davenport, Iowa and went to dinner at Steak and Shake.  Yum, yum!

Travel Totals:  motorhome mileage, 178


No comments:

Post a Comment