Saturday, August 27, 2011

August 27, 2011


August 27, 2011

The sunrise this morning was gorgeous.  Thin clouds along the horizon appeared to be tinged with gold.  As soon as the sun came up the effect disappeared.

We moved the MH from Walmart to the Escapade site.  After getting our “house” in order we went to check in for the activities for the week.  

We set off in search of “treasures.”  After logging two caches we decided that the temperature was getting uncomfortable so we went back home.  I left Bill napping and went to check out the vendor area.  I roamed around for 1 1/2 hours before heading for home.  

The only thing wrong with this plan was that when I got to the parking lot I couldn’t find the Honda.  I didn’t have my “clicker” with me so I wasn’t able to press the panic button.  I was using our spare key.  Oh, dear!  In the heat I walked up and down each row.  No luck!  Some people driving through the parking lot noticed my plight.  They invited me into their air conditioned car and we drove around searching the area.  We finally found it, much further toward the edge of the parking lot than I remembered leaving it.   Not only will I not leave my keys at home again, but hopefully I’ll pay closer attention to where I park.  It was really hot out there roaming around.  Ugh!

The NASCAR race was on tonight so we spent the evening watching the cars go round and round and round!  While I watched I worked on a beading project.

Travel Totals:  Mileage, 5---caches, 2---critters, 1 (a small rabbit at the edge of the Walmart parking lot).

No comments:

Post a Comment