Sunday, August 28, 2011

August 28, 2011


August 28, 2011

This morning, I went for a creative writing workshop.  It was enjoyable and very favorable.  The leader knew a lot about publishing and is writing her second book now.

By the time Bill and I got home, he was “plum tuckered.”  I remembered that I still needed to sign up for craft classes, so I left him pretending to be Rip Van Winkle.  A bracelet making class caught my attention.  It is a complicated pattern, hopefully not above my skill level.  I also registered for a class making a memory wire necklace.

On the way back home I went by the rodeo arena and on out to the main road.  The sign at the highway didn’t say STOP.  It said WHOA.  Only in Wyoming!

Later in the afternoon we went caching.  The first one was hidden at the site of an outdoor museum featuring old coal mining equipment and oil well drilling Implements  After signing the log we spent time looking at the displays.  The largest coal mining apparatus used to 170,000 tons of coal at a time.  You will probably agree that it was no Tonka Toy!  Also on display was the world’s largest tire which cost of $13,000 when it was made in the 1980s. 

The temperature was in the mid-eighties today with a cloud cover adding to the relative coolness

No comments:

Post a Comment