Sunday, September 30, 2012

September 30, 2012


September 30, 2012

Lori had already taken Tucker for a walk by the time I got up.  I was a real bum, and enjoyed every minute of it.  She baked croissants and scones.  So good with a cup of hot chocolate!

Bill came to collect me.  We had some things to load into the Honda in preparation for our departure from the area.

As always, it was hard saying goodbye to Lori.  No matter how many years pass by, I have tears at departure time.  They are still my kids, after all.

Of course, I will miss little Tucker, too.  All of the pups in the family have their own space in my heart.

We left the fairgrounds at 3:40.  Highway 4 through Brentwood took us to Stockton.  It was our first time on that route, which is the shorter way to Stockton.  The down side was a very rough road with two one-way bridges where we had to wait our turn.

We found the Bass Pro Shop in Manteca and parked for the night.  We have stayed at this very spot on another journey through this area.  Across the parking lot was a Red Robin.  We decided, because of the high temperature, that root beer floats would be really good on a warm day.  And they were!

Today’s Travel Totals: Mileage, 53---Critter sightings---one white heron, standing in a marsh, waiting for his dinner to swim by.

No comments:

Post a Comment