Saturday, April 20, 2013

April 20, 2013


At noon, Brent came to the motorhome to see if I wanted to go to Brent’s Drug in Jackson.  It was featured in the movie, The Help.  It has been in business for nearly 70 years and is very popular with the locals. 

They are known for their milkshakes.  I ordered chocolate, my favorite flavor.  Their special flavor for the week was sweet potato.  I wasn’t brave enough to try it.  I was disappointed in myself.  Today I just didn’t have any culinary adventure in my soul.

Just around the corner from Brent’s Drug was a bakery that has a reputation for their baked goods.  We went in, but didn’t see anything “to brag about,” so we left having made no purchases.

I took a long nap when we got home.  When I woke up, Brent had gone to Robyn and Wesley’s house, so Coleson and I went and sat in the backyard for a visit with them.  Mike and Amy were there, also.  Robyn and Wesley live two houses from Brent.

The weather was beautiful today, but a bit chilly.

No comments:

Post a Comment