Sunday, April 21, 2013

April 21, 2013


At 10:00 this morning, Bill, Brent, Coleson, and I went to the Waffle House for breakfast.  They were very busy and we had to wait for about 15 minutes.  

There were plenty of people working, but as luck would have it, we had a novice waitress.  She was not young, and it might have been her first day.  She spilled a cup of coffee all over our table.  Brent and Coleson have very quick reflexes.  Only a little splashed on Coleson and none on Brent.  Thankfully, it didn’t come on our side of the table.  Bill and I don’t move nearly as fast as the other two.

Brent orders the same thing when he goes there and he rattled it off to the waitress, as he always does.  She stopped him and had him tell her very slowly.  

Bill and I ordered biscuits and gravy.  I ask for the gravy to be on the side and she said that was the way it came.  No...that was not the case.  I thought she was going to faint when she realized that it was not the way I had asked it to be.  I assured her that it was OK.

Coleson just ordered a side of bacon.  She combined two plates that the cook had left there so Coleson had quite a pile of bacon.  We all helped him eat it.

Bill and I watched the NASCAR race from Kansas.  It was a good race with a lot of passing.  There were a couple of wrecks, but nothing very serious.

When the race was over I went into Brent’s to watch the last half of the Lakers-San Antonio basketball game...the first in the playoffs.  

Just as the game ended, Polly called to say she was coming to get me for a visit.  She and I visited for a couple of hours before going back to Brent’s to eat his delicious pot roast dinner.  Yum, yum!

I enjoy talking to Polly.  She has had an interesting life and has a great husband who works on an offshore oil rig.  We never run out of things to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment