Monday, April 22, 2013

April 22, 2013


I had a couple of errands to do today.  Brent said he would drive me around to the different places.

At the top of the “virtual” list was lunch!  Brent chose Fannin Market.  Before Ed opened his restaurant, we ate at Fannin’s quite often.  Now we seldom go there.  Brent thought this would be a good day for a token visit.

Next, we returned a pecan cracker to Ed.  It was an antique and didn’t do as good a job as the new one we bought.  With it, Bill can clip the ends off and then crack the shell.

After paying Brent’s water bill, we went to Hobby Lobby.  I was in need of a picture frame.  Brent has had them cut some mats for him.  He knew the ropes, so to speak.  It was really great having him take charge of the process.  It took about 30 minutes to get the work done.

By the time we finished everything, it was time to get the kids from school.

I was in charge of dinner tonight.  I didn’t think Brent could survive on “toast as a hot meal,” so I fixed Texas Soul Food.  The pinto beans cooked all day in the Crockpot.  About an hour before we wanted to eat, I made cornbread, and fried some potatoes.  Lori’s homemade relish (called chow-chow) topped off the meal.  Both of the guys complimented me on my cooking.  I hope they don’t expect it to happen very often.  This was a rare occasion!

We spent the evening watching Dancing with the Stars and relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment