Monday, April 29, 2013

April 29, 2013


This morning, when we left Walmart at 8:30, we drove west for seven miles to the Wildlife Museum.  There was a Geocache Adventure Maze set up on the second floor.  The purpose of the exhibit is to introduce people to geocaching, using GPSs, and things like that.  Although the event had a GC number to register the find, it was mainly for “newbies.”

As I was entering the museum area, a little cottontail rabbit hopped across in front of me.  Then, as I came out by another door, it hopped back across my path.  I peeked around the corner of the building and there the bunny sat, being very still.  I took a picture.  Both times I saw the rabbit there were other people around.  He must be use to people in his “yard.”

As we drove through Denver on I-25, we were in the middle lane.  A utility trailer hauling concrete blocks blew a tire.  We heard a very loud noise and pieces of tire came flying at us.  That was a new experience for us...one we don’t want to be involved in again.

As soon as we got to Michelle’s house, she and I went to get Joey and Hapa.  Dwaine had an appointment, so we got to bring the pups to Michelle’s for the afternoon.

Everyone met at Michelle’s for dinner.  Ron grilled hamburgers and Michelle prepared the slaw and baked beans.  Oh, yes!  We had French fries, too.  It was fun to all sit around their table together.  Just wish the rest of the family was here.

Today’s Travel Totals:  Mileage, 76---Geocaches, 1---Critter sightings, 1 cottontail rabbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment