Tuesday, April 23, 2013

April 23, 2013


This will be our last day at Brent’s.  Tomorrow, we plan to “hit the road.”

I asked Brent to choose a place to eat lunch.  We drove toward Jackson.  If he had put a blindfold over my eyes and lead me in to his choice of eating places, I would have known where we were.  Cool Al’s.  The way that I would know was because I stuck to the floor.  After just a few steps inside I had sticky shoe soles.

We like to eat there because the food is excellent.  For several years in a row, their hamburgers have been voted the best in the Jackson area.  Their kitchen is clean (I think), but the rest is questionable.  The chairs and tables are old, but wiped.  It isn’t a fast food place.  A sign at the counter states that you can expect a 20 minute wait for your food.  I haven’t ask how they pass health inspections, but I don’t think I really want to know.  It is an experience!

We got back home in time for me to get Coleson and Sara from school.  Since it was my last day to drive them home, we went to Sonic for treats.  

Brent cooked a really good dinner...a shrimp and pasta dish and crab salad.  Oh, I’m going to miss that boy for more than one reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment