Thursday, April 25, 2013

April 25, 2013


April 25, 2013

Bill was behind the wheel at 6:15 this morning, heading for Texas.  I was snuggled in bed getting a few extra z-z-z-zs.  I heard him honk the air horns as we went across the Texas state line.  I gave a half-hearted “yahoo” from the back of the coach, but he didn’t hear me.

In Longview, we stopped for breakfast and to fuel the MH.  Soon we were back on the road toward the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.  We could hear In-N-Out calling our name!

Today was the opening day of the Bush Library in Dallas.  There were five presidents coming for the occasion.  It makes me wonder...how many gallons of fuel does it take to get Air Force One off the ground.  According to my Air Force source (who shall remain nameless in case this computer is being hacked into) it takes 1,000 gallons of fuel to get a fighter jet in the air.  It must take a whole lot more for AF1 to get the President aloft.

I would say if planes flew on hot air, there’s enough of that in Washington, DC to fly every plane in the country, but you might say I was rude.  Or there might be those who might say I was overly honest.  Whatever!  I also wonder if “everyone” has to stand in a long line because air traffic controllers are being furloughed.  My grandmother would have said “what’s sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander,” which translates to “everyone should be treated equally.”  Somehow, I don’t think that applies to these five ganders.

Michelle called to see if there were going to be road closures because of a Presidential visit.  I-25 has been closed in Denver twice because of that.

Well, we got to In-N-Out with no problem.  Yea!!!

Traffic wasn’t too much of a problem except in the downtown area of Ft. Worth and then it was a bit dicey.  Soon we were at Walmart in Decatur.    There was one cache in the parking lot.  That was it for the day!

Travel totals:  Mileage for today, 298--Geocaches, 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment