Friday, May 17, 2013

May 17 2013


Meredith and Hapa came this morning.  They had left Joey at the vet's office.  The problem with his paw has gone on for several weeks.  He has had medicine, x-rays, and things like that.

Today, the vet sedated Joey and discovered a thorn embedded deep in his paw.  Meredith measured the thorn...it was one inch long.  The “culprit” was removed, the area was drained and three stitches were used to close the "clean out area."

We had time to stop at two garage sales.  We didn't buy anything, but it was fun to look.  Hopefully, we will get to go to more sales tomorrow.

I stayed with the pups while Meredith and Michelle went to get their hair cut.  When Meredith got back to her house, Hapa, Joey, and I were all asleep.  Meredith “questioned” my dog sitting skills.  I told her that I was teaching them to nap and I must have done a good job because we were all snoozing.  I think she accepted my explanation, because she didn’t dock my pay for sleeping on the job!

Michelle and her boys, plus Grandpa, came to Meredith and Dwaine’s for dinner.  We had “build your own burritos.”  Dwaine grilled the meat (steak and chicken).  There were several varieties of tortillas, plus bowls of cheese, salsa, sour cream, chopped tomatoes, lettuce, and avocado.  My burrito was very good and I’m sure everyone felt the same about their own concoction.

No comments:

Post a Comment