Wednesday, May 22, 2013

May 22, 2013


Just after 12:00 Michelle and I drove to Berthoud, about 15 minutes from Loveland.  We went to the Habitat Thrift Store.  They didn’t have much that we were interested in.

When we got back home, I told Bill that I wanted to find a doctor who specialized hand injuries.  My right hand began hurting yesterday for no apparent reason.  When I would turn it a certain way, pain would shoot through it.

We went to an orthopedic center and was told that if I came back in an hour I could see a doctor.  I took Bill and the paperwork home, filled out way too many items, and went back for my appointment with Dr. Seiler.  The x-rays showed a stress fracture in my right hand.  It wasn’t very recent because a ridge of bone had formed along the fracture.  Honestly, it just started hurting yesterday and I have no idea when I hurt it.

So I came back home with a removable cast that I am to wear for a month.  Driving home in rush hour traffic with one hand in a “cast” wasn’t too much fun, but I made it.

Bill said I am trying to self-destruct.  He may have a point.

Ron’s parents and grandmother arrived last night for Joshua’s graduation.  His mom’s birthday was today so Michelle fixed a wonderful dinner and Ron’s dad bought two cakes.  We all ended the day with very happy tummies.

No comments:

Post a Comment