Tuesday, May 21, 2013

May 21, 2013


After a slow start to the morning, I went out on my own to try to get some errands done.

I went to the beauty parlor where I got a really good permanent last November.  Debbie was still working there.  I wanted to know if my hair had grown enough since my last perm to get another perm.  She said it had and did I want it done today.  I couldn’t believe my good luck.  And to top it all off, Tuesday is Senior Day, 20% off.  Wow!

I called Michelle to tell her why my errands were taking so long.  She said she would go to Habitat Thrift Store with me, so I changed my route and went to claim her.  We both had donations to drop off.  We also went into the store to shop for just a bit.  

Our “score” for the day was a small metal and tile table.  Michelle has my grandfather’s typewriter from when he was a judge in Hale County, Texas.  (That calls for a great big YeeHaw!)  The typewriter sits on it perfectly.  By the way, the typewriter is over 100 years old.

Wow!  That’s older than Wild Bill!

Before going back home, we went to Sam’s Club.  Food is always a top priority for this group.

Bill and I went to have dinner at Meredith and Dwaine’s house.  That’s always a good time for us.  We spent quite a bit of time hearing about their plans for their backyard.  Dwaine has some interesting ideas for the project.

Meredith potted a plant for me.  I saw it at one of the nurseries where we shopped a couple of days ago.  As I passed it I heard it say, “Psst, Lady!  Take me home.”  That’s the story I always tell Bill, and it still works!

Ron’s parents and grandmother arrived tonight.  Like us, they wanted to be here for Joshua’s graduation.

No comments:

Post a Comment