Wednesday, May 8, 2013

May 8, 2013

May 8, 2013

Bill and I left Loveland at 8:15, heading for the airport in Denver.  There wasn't much traffic until we got closer to Denver.  When we got onto the Toll Road, traffic was fairly lite.

I got through security with no problems.  Because I'm old I didn't have to take off my shoes.  Mark that as one point for being 75.

We were on board and in the air on time.  Yippy , Skippy for Southwest Airlines.  I couldn't see the snow covered Rockies because of the clouds.  Rats!

We landed in Oakland 20 minutes early.  I sent Lori a text when I was in the terminal.  She was just getting to the airport and as I walked outside, here came the three of them...Lori, Tucker, and Maddie.  How's that for timing?

Our first stop was In-N-Out for lunch.  Lori and I each had our own hamburgers, but the furry beasts had to share one.  We went to Walmart for a few necessary items.  Before long we were at Lori's apartment.  As soon as Lori finished putting the groceries away, we took the pups for a walk.

I unpacked and rested for awhile.  I was very comfy wrapped in a soft blanket, listening to the fountain outside the window.  It was so relaxing.

We went to Joann Fabric for some beads, before going by the dental office to get some paperwork.  We made a stop at Big 5 Sports on our way back to Lori's apartment.

We had pasta, bread sticks, and a tomato salad for dinner.  With happy tummies we got down to serious business...beading, weaving, and fun things like that.



No comments:

Post a Comment