Friday, October 11, 2013

October 11, 2013---Lone Pine, CA


Today was a busy day at the Film Festival.  Bill started out at 7:00 with a movie.  Needless to say, it would have had to have been a “once in a lifetime” movie to get me up that early, but Old Tex was raring and ready to go.

At 11:00, I went to a panel discussion about Hopalong Cassidy.  It was very interesting.  One of the guys on the panel was a Hoppy impersonator.  His costume was very authentic and his knowledge of Hoppy was amazing.  Two of the others on the panel had a lot of interesting things to tell about the cowboy that Bill was named after.  I really enjoyed the presentation.

We went to McDonald’s for lunch.  While there, I saw a young woman (Monica) in full Western costume.  I was especially interested in the beaded hat band on her cowboy hat.  It was beautiful.  I commented on it and she said that her mother had made it.  The lady with her said that I did beading, also.  I don’t know how she knew, but she did!  Monica wanted to see some of my work so I pointed out our motorhome and invited her over. 

Monica came and spent about an hour with us.  She comes to every film festival and dresses at Linda Sterling.  She explained that Linda Sterling was in the very, very early Zorro movies and played the part of Zorro’s sister who took over the “cause for right”  after Zorro was killed.  We had never heard of that series.  I tried to find it on Wikipedia, but our Internet connection wasn’t able to get the information.  I’ll try again another time.  

Tonight we saw the movie, “Ride the High Country” starring Randolph Scott and Joel McCrae.  It was the first movie for Mariette Hartley.  She’s one of our favorites!  After the movie, there was a panel discussion with her and L. Q. Jones, who was also in the movie.  Joel McCrae’s grandson was in the audience, but he didn’t go on stage to talk about his “grandpa.”

I saw something very interesting today.  A man and woman were riding a motorcycle.  There was a side car attached and in it was a Golden Retriever, with his tail just wagging and wagging.  He was so happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment