Saturday, October 12, 2013

October 12, 2013---Lone Pine, CA


We went to the VFW building for breakfast this morning. The sign on the railing of the ramp going to the building read “Tie your horses in back of the building.”  That’s a new one for me, I think!

After eating, we went to the rodeo to watch team roping for awhile.  Small town rodeos are usually very entertaining.  This one was no different.  It was a little strange seeing some of the cowboys and cowgirls in baseball caps rather than western hats.

While Bill went to watch a movie, I went to the craft show at the city park.  There were quite a few booths there as well as food vendors.  I was looking for Kristy, whom I met at last year’s festival.  She makes fabric baskets.  

I finally found her in a building on the main street.  That is where the celebrities sell their books and pictures, and sign autographs.  I didn’t get anything signed, but just walked around talking to some of them.  Some of them were very nice, and some of them are snobs, like Roy Roger’s daughter.  I have seen her at several festivals and she is always the same.

I went to a panel discussion on stunts.  It is always an interesting topic, hearing how a stunt scene might take 10 or 12 hours to set up and prefect.  And all for about two or three minutes of film.

We watched the Ducks game Bill recorded.  Oregon won against the University of Washington.  Hooray!  We also watched the NASCAR race from Charlotte.  Bill had recorded it, too.  He loves fast forwarding through the ads.

No comments:

Post a Comment