Monday, October 14, 2013

October 14, 2013---Alabama Hills, Lone Pine, CA


While Bill moved the motorhome back to the Alabama Hills this morning, I took some things to the thrift store on Main Street.  Every time I have cleaned a cabinet, etc. in the house, I have been collecting items to donate.  The Honda is so full that we decided to take them to the little thrift store here, or the CRV might burst at the seams.

I stopped at Johnson’s Grocery Store for a few items before going up to the Hills.  As far as I know, Johnson’s is the only grocery store in town.  And their prices reflect the lack of competition.

Bill was really tired today and took several naps.  While he “inspected the insides of his eyelids,” I caught up on some office work.  Have I told you how much I am enjoying our new desk/table?  It is wonderful!  I still haven’t learned how to successfully put pictures on my blog, so until I do, please take my word about the desk.

Today, I booked my tickets for Thanksgiving with Brent and his tribe.  November 20-December 4.  I am really looking forword to seeing them.  I had told Sara I would talk to her dad about spending Thanksgiving with them.  She said, “Oh, you can come.”  I told Brent what she said, and he just chuckled.  “That’s my Sara!”

The weather was nice for the Film Festival.  We hope it continues.  Blue skies and cool temperatures make this a very pleasant place to be this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment