Thursday, January 30, 2014

January 30, 2014---Yuma, Arizona


Todd, Bonnie, Bill, and I went to Algodones, Mexico this morning for dental appointments.  Todd’s took longer than the rest of us, so we went to lunch without him.

I had been put on a liquid diet for the rest of the day, so I ordered a diet Coke and cheese soup.  I couldn’t eat the vegetables in the soup, but the melted cheese tasted wonderful and the broth was really good.  Bill and Bonnie had very yummy looking Mexican plates and sodas (not diet).  When our bill came, their sodas were a dollar each, but my diet one was $1.50.  Go figure!  South of the border one never knows what one might encounter.

Bonnie and I had a little time to shop, but we didn’t buy much.  That’s usually the way it is when we are in Mexico.  They have some neat things, but since we both live in motorhomes we don’t buy much.

The four of us met at the border and made it back onto US soil with no problems...no bail money needed, Michelle.  (She’s my worrier!)  Todd and I were both hungry after our dental “ordeals” so we chose Sonic for milkshakes on our way home.  We also took time to find one cache.

It was 5:30 before we got home.  Bill was very tired from our long day.  He kept going to sleep while watching TV, so he finally gave up and went to bed at 8:30.  Wow, the poor old guy was really tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment