Tuesday, March 11, 2014

March 11, 2014---Brent’s in Brandon, Mississippi


This was the last full day to be at Brent’s for several weeks.  Tomorrow, we start toward Georgia for the FMCA convention in Perry.

Brent had started on a woodworking project and worked for most of the morning on it.  At about 12:30, we told Coleson to ride his bike down to the park and we would meet him there to hunt for a geocache.  It was down a slope in a tree on the bank of a small stream.  Brent and I stayed up on the top of the place while Coleson went down to hunt for the cache.  Coleson is good at reading the compass on my iPhone and soon had the container back up for me to sign the log.  

While he was going back down with the container I stepped in a fire ant bed.  A few of them made a feast of my ankle.  Brent came to my assistance and we were quickly on our way back to the car.  Next time, I will be more careful where I step.  Those little bitty things can really bite.

Coleson rode his bike back home while Brent and I continued continued on our way.  After lunch we went for a short visit at our friend, Debbie’s house.  We spent some time playing with her dogs.  One of them really took a shine to Brent.  All of the girls think Brent is wonderful!  So do I!

We went to see Polly and Pito and visited for about two hours.  They are fun to be around.  Pito works on an off shore drilling rig and leaves tomorrow for his two week work assignment.  When we got back home we went to see Robyn and Wesley to tell them “goodbye.”

Brent came to the MH to visit.  Coleson was out on his bike.  When  he came home, Willie was the only one in the house and the motorhome was dark.  Coleson was a bit unsettled by it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment