Tuesday, March 18, 2014

March 18, 2014---FMCA Convention, Perry, Georgia


The rain had stopped by morning, but the sky was still dark.  

While Bill went to a couple of workshops, I got a package ready to mail to Lori and one to Matthew, also.  When he got back home, we looked on the NUVI for the closest Post Office.  Elko, a tiny town south of here, was listed as about six miles away.

It was an interesting drive through the countryside.  After taking care of business at the PO, I ask the postal person if there was a place to eat in Elko.  According to her, Perry was our closest hope of finding food.  Elko gave new meaning to “the boonies.”

We took I-75 back to Cracker Barrel, not far from the fairgrounds.  In spite of the fact that they were very busy, we were able to get seated immediately.    While we waited for our food, Bill propped his head up with his hands and took a nap.  It doesn’t take long for him to benefit from “20 winks,” so he was ready to eat when our meals arrived. He had meatloaf and I had country fried steak...no surprises there.  As usual, the food was good.  We brought home enough for another meal for each of us.

The vendor displays opened today.  They were in two different buildings.  I didn’t do a “booth count,” but there were a lot.  It involved quite a bit of walking, including the trek back to the car.  It was the most I had walked in a long while.  

Bill went to another seminar and I went back to the motorhome for a nap.  When I woke up, he had returned home and was asleep.  I worked on my attempt at organizing my supply of jewelry findings until it was time to rouse My Napper Guy.  We had a 5:30 invitation.

We went to a small gathering of several couples parked very close to where we are parked.  Our hosts were our new friends from Rhode Island.  Others there were from Cape Cod, New Hampshire, and Michigan.  They wanted to hear about fulltiming.  It is a lifestyle a lot of couples would like to live, but for various reasons don’t attempt it.  We had a good time, as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment