Saturday, March 22, 2014

March 22, 2014---Perry to Columbus, Georgia


“On the road again...” at 9:30.  The best guess on the weather for today was OK, but for tomorrow it looks not as good  Rain is in the forecast.  Ugh!  We really don’t like driving in the rain.  Tomorrow might become a “stay put” day!

We are in peach country, right?  Well, we have seen lots and lots of pecan orchards, and Perry was gearing up for their Cherry Blossom Festival.  So far, we have seen only one peach orchard and this is Peach County.  Looks as if someone named the county wrong.  I must admit, though, that the peach trees we saw were beautiful, covered with pink blossoms.

We parked at Sam’s Club in Columbus.  Our choice for lunch was Bojangles.  Years ago our family of six thought that was one of the best places we had ever eaten.  The fried chicken, dirty rice, and biscuits were the best.  Several years ago, Bill and I tried it again when we were in Charlotte, NC.  We were less than impressed then, and today really wasn’t any more favorable.  Sigh!  Some things just don’t stay the same.

While Bill rested, I went back to the Bead Cage for some more supplies that I’m absolutely sure I needed.  It is a great place.  I saw things today that I hadn’t seen on my last visit.

After I got home and rested, Bill and I went into Sam’s for hot dogs, and then to Walmart for a few groceries.

Although we only traveled 81 miles today, we were both tired tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment