Sunday, March 23, 2014

March 23, 2014---Columbus, Georgia to Bluff Creek Campground, Holy Trinity, Alabama


After fueling the motorhome, we headed basically west, crossing the Chattahoochee River into Alabama (Honk, honk! Yahoo!).  In Phenix City, we turned south, eventually making our way to Hwy. 165.  

Soon after passing through the tiny town of Holy Trinity, we turned east and checked into the Bluff Creek Campground, a Corps of Engineers facility.  There are very few campers at this time of year.

We had a small amount of rain on our drive today.  Not much, but occasionally requiring the windshield wipers.  This part of Alabama is rolling hills, pretty, but probably more so when there are leaves on the trees.  Most of the trees here in the campground have Spanish moss hanging from the bare branches.

We paid for four nights.  I plan to spend time on my jewelry project, as well as getting our taxes done.  I don’t know how Himself will use his time here, but I’m sure he will make god use of the four days.  He has mentioned changing the water filters and draining the water heater tank.

Today, I worked on jewelry.  Tomorrow  will be tax day!  The first I enjoy, the last, I dread!

We traveled 46 miles today.


No comments:

Post a Comment