Wednesday, March 5, 2014

March 5, 2014---Monroe to Brandon, Mississippi


Overcast and 35°...I think we are having a heat wave!

Interstate 20 took us past Start, Louisiana.  I don’t know the population of it, but there was a water tower.  I think I’ll add it to my list of towns with unusual names.  It may not be as different as Zigzag, OR, Toast, NC, or Hot Coffee, MS, but I think it should go on my list.

When we crossed the Mississippi River, I yahooed as loud as I possibly could, but Ole’ Tex had to “pretend” honk.  There was a big truck right beside us.  He might have caused road rage if he had performed as he usually does.  He does love to honk those air horns!

We used the Walmart parking lot in Vicksburg for our breakfast stop and then we headed for Brent’s in Brandon.  The person pecking on the computer keys was very excited about seeing her “baby boy.”

We arrived at Brent’s house at 10:00 and after getting the coach settled on its patch of ground, Brent and I went to Ed’s for lunch.  As usual, the food was good and it was nice to see the staff, too.

Brent had an errand in Jackson.  It took us some time to get to the store where Brent needed to exchange some jeans for Coleson.  Jackson is really spread out.

I took a short nap when we got back home, with instructions to Bill to get me up at 3:15.  I wanted to see Coleson and Sara as soon as they arrived home from school.  Pa and I were a surprise.  Brent hadn’t told them we were coming.

It is good to be back here in Mississippi with this part of our family.

Today’s Travel Totals:  Mileage, 120.

No comments:

Post a Comment