Friday, June 12, 2015

June 12, 2015---Chadron, NE to Cabela’s in Rapid City, SD


We left the Walmart parking lot at 9:40.  Twenty minutes later we crossed into South Dakota.  Of course there was a great celebration because this is our state of residence.  It really didn’t feel like old home week, though. 

When we got to Rapid City, we parked at Cabela’s, and set off to do some errands.  Our first stop was KFC for lunch.  The last time we were here for lunch. an old Indian woman came to me and ask if
she could have any of my food that I couldn’t eat.  She must of been hungry, because she cleaned my plate, using my utensils.  At the time I wasn’t eating very much so she had a good meal.  She even chewed on the bones I had eaten.  When we got ready to leave, she thanked me for the dinner.  She wasn’t there today, but I often think of her and wish I had bought her more food.  Our girls and I call that a “blessings check.”  Think about it!

Before going back to the MH, we went to our mail forwarding service to get our mail.  We only had two things...from the IRS.  And it was all good news...approval of what I sent and a refund.  That was a first for us in a long time.  We found a US Bank and deposited it before the Feds could change their minds.

We went to the Visitors Center and found a cache.  It took us quite a while to find it.  Bill gave up and sat on a bench to rest.  I continued the search and called him over when I spotted it.  It was under a bush.  I am feeling better, but not good enough to crawl around on the muddy ground.

Today’s Travel Totals:  miles traveled, 100...geocaches, 1...critter sightings, 4 antelope and  2 rabbits.

No comments:

Post a Comment