Monday, June 8, 2015

June 8, 2015---Michelle’s House in Loveland, CO.


At 9:15, I went to see Dr. Green, my cardiologist.  He was pleased with the progress I have made.  He wants me to keep walking as much as I can.  We talked about signs of stress on my heart, and what I needed to do in case of trouble.  I really like him and will follow through as well as I can.

Meredith took the day off from work and went to hear what the doctor had to say.  She has a much better memory than either Bill or I have.  

I went home with her.  We spent some time in the yard with the dogs.  Lindsey, my visiting nurse, called.  She came for her last visit.  I feel so fortunate to have had two great helpers in my recovery program.  They are now great friends and I will miss both of them.

Joshua, Connor, and Matthew brought Tippy over and we all went for a walk on one of the trails by Boyd Lake.  It was rough going with my walker, but I took time to rest frequently.  Connor stayed with me ever step of the way.  We went to an area where the dogs could get in the water.  They had a really good time.  When it was time for us to leave, Meredith and Tippy went back to Meredith’s house, got the van, and drove back on the road to get me.  I didn’t think I could make it over the rocky road again.

It was well past lunch time when we got back.  We left the dogs at Meredith’s for well deserved naps, and drove to the tiny town of Mead.  One of our favorite BBQ places is there...The Brick House.  The food was excellent.

When we got back to Loveland, I went back to the MH to touch base with Bill and Michelle.  It was 4:00 by then and I had been gone since early morning.

Everyone, including Natalia, met for dinner at Michelle’s.  There was a lot of laughter, as usual, around the table.  Our family doesn’t lack for hilarity.  Before I went back to the motorhome, I said “goodbye” to each person.  We will miss them when we leave, but we are very anxious to get on the road again.

Tomorrow,  if all goes as we plan, we will head north!

No comments:

Post a Comment