Tuesday, September 13, 2011

September 13, 2011

September 13, 2011

The saga of the house hunters...Meredith and Dwaine are still looking.  The plot thickens because they fly back to San Jose tonight at 8:50.  We are all stressed out, some more so than others.  

Going up and down stairs, in and out of houses, walking around yards, ect. isn’t all bad, though.  This week I have lost two pounds!  I knew that I am getting a bit more tired each day, but last night I proved it.  I post my journal (which is usually the last thing I do before going to bed), then I check to see if the blog has gone through.  (I am trying to avoid making messes that Lori has to straighten out for me.)  Last night, between posting and checking, I put my elbows on the table and rested my head on my hands.  I don’t know how long it was before Bill touched me on the shoulder, scaring me out of several years of my life expectancy.  Going to sleep like that is totally foreign to me.  It is Bill who can sleep anywhere...on a rocky beach, standing at attention when he was in the army, or waiting to be served in a restaurant.  We use to wonder if he could sleep while walking a paved path with me.  So we experimented.  He placed his hand on my shoulder as we walked along.  I felt the instant that he went to sleep, but he immediately woke up.  That nap was only a second or two.  I usually don’t go to sleep that quickly, but last night was different. 

Michelle and I took Meredith and Dwaine to the airport in Denver.  The clouds were very dark and threatening, but we were nearly back to Loveland before the rain started.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the ride to the airport Mom, fortunately the ugly clouds had moved East before our delayed flight took off. Out of all the empty seats on the plane, two Raider fans had to sit right in front of us.

    How are my puppies

    ReplyDelete