Wednesday, September 28, 2011

September 28, 2011

September 28, 2011

Early this morning I set my sewing machine on the table in preparation for my sewing projects.  There were two garments that Michelle had ask me to repair.  I did those before starting on curtains for a couple of her rooms.

Michelle had purchased a solid medium brown tablecloth at a garage sale.  I used it to make a curtain for the master bathroom.  It was a quick undertaking, especially since Bill installed the new curtain rod for me.

Next on the list was a curtain for Matthew’s room.  He has a camo theme in his room and the fabric that I used fit right in.  I went as far on the project as I could until we get a curtain rod.  When that is in place I can put the curtain on the rod and determine the correct length.

An employee of one of the local thrift stores was to come today for a cabinet and several other things.  Michelle put a gate in the kitchen doorway to keep Hapa and Joey contained when the thrift store guy came.  I tried to open the gate, but wasn’t successful so I decided that I could climb over.  Poor choice of ideas!  I got one leg over, but couldn’t manage to get the other one onto the same side.  Michelle came to the rescue, opening the gate and freeing me.  I am certainly glad that no one was around with a camera.  It was one more stunt to add to my ever-increasing list of dumb tricks.

Tonight we were invited by Stephanie Lane, our ReMax agent, to a Customer Appreciation get together.  The food was great, as was the music.  Lots of the guests were dressed as flappers, gangsters, etc. from the 1920s era.  A good time was had by all!

1 comment:

  1. Your children are so LUCKY to have Parents with so many helpful Talents. Be careful taking chances, don't want you to get hurt.

    ReplyDelete