Sunday, September 4, 2011

September 4, 2011


September 4, 2011

Today was much like yesterday, except I dodged the dirt work and opted for kitchen patrol again.  Bill, however, edged along the front sidewalk while Michelle and her crew worked in the backyard.  After resting for awhile, he stopped his “farmer” duties to change the filters and fluid in the transmission.  As he came out from under the rig and stood up, he stepped onto the “creeper” that he had used to roll under the MH.  

(In case you don’t know what a “creeper” is, I will try to explain.  It is kind of like a big skateboard that a mechanic might lie on to get under a vehicle.  It has four wheels and usually rolls very easily.  Do you have a mental picture?) 

Well, when Bill stepped on it with one foot while the other foot was planted firmly on the driveway, he did the splits.  He was glad that no one witnessed this spectacle of grace in motion.  He lay on the driveway for several minutes before he tried to get up.  Michelle and I had gone to Lowe’s.  It was probably a good thing that I wasn’t around, because I would have commented that it was a strange place to take a nap.  Somehow, I don’t think my observation would have been appreciated!

We got no more work out of the “Flying Walenda” for the rest of the day.  Poor Bill!  He didn’t know how much a pulled muscle could hurt.



No comments:

Post a Comment