Wednesday, September 21, 2011

September 21, 2011

September 21, 2011

Many years ago (at least 25) I created a stain glass design of a wind swept tree on a beach.  It consisted of 15 panels that fit into a door.  When we sold the house in Seaside, Oregon, I took the panels out of the door...big mistake!  I should have taken the door and the panels as a complete unit. 

I decided the time had come to reassemble all of the parts.  We weighed the options that we might use:  (1) build a frame for the panels, (2) get another door, (3) store the panels back in their storage place.  Option three was low on the totem pole.  I realized option one wasn’t such a good idea either.  My woodworking skills have definitely diminished over the years.  So option two seemed like the way to go.  

We found a door at a surplus lumber place.  Today was the day set aside to get it all reassembled, laying it on Michelle dining room table.  It turned into an all day project that left Bill and me exhausted.  After installing the stain glass, which didn’t always exactly fit into the dimensions of the door, Bill secured the panels and we were able to stand the project up against the wall.  There are still several things to be done to it, but we’re glad for the progress that we made.


No comments:

Post a Comment