Wednesday, September 7, 2011

September 7, 2011

September 7, 2011

56° and rain are what we woke up to this morning.  Oh, boy!  It was jeans and a sweater day.  I worked on my “bead and supplies” project during the day.  The job wasn’t as enormous as I had thought it would be.  I was able to complete the task by mid-evening.  It is such a good feeling to cross that off my To Do List.

Michelle’s twin sister, Meredith and her husband Dwaine, plus their two dogs left San Jose, CA last night at 10:00, arriving here in Loveland, CO at 9:30 tonight.  To say that they were tired would be a colossal understatement.  That wasn’t the kind of trip that anyone would like to attempt very often.

As some of you may know, I now have an iPhone.  It goes without saying that it is much smarter than I am.  There are several features that I really like.  One is dictating text messages.  Sometimes they come out OK, but more often than not they need to be translated.  That can be a real challenge for the receiver.  Meredith and Michelle want to keep a record of the funniest ones.  I thought writing them in my blog might be a fun new addition.  

So here goes...for years, our daughter Lori, has said “Yippy, Skippy” when things are great.  Well, this morning Meredith sent me a text message telling me how far they had progressed in their journey east.  I replied with a “Yippy, Skippy!” which went through the air waves ad “Tippy Sloppy.”  I laughed so hard that I had a difficult time sending a text message with the correct words.

Now that I have sent my first Text Message Goof, I can promise you that it most likely won’t be the last.

1 comment:

  1. Raymonda, you are something else. One of a kind. It is such a JOY to have you in our Lives!!!!!

    ReplyDelete