Sunday, August 19, 2012

August 19, 2012


August 19, 2012

Michelle made waffles for breakfast.  That was a treat for us.  Since I have convinced Bill that toast is a hot meal, I guess I could make a piece of toast and pound dents in it with a tiny hammer.  I wonder if Bill would believe I had made him a waffle!

Meredith and Dwaine came at 10:30 to take us for a drive up into Rocky Mountain National Park.  After driving through Estes Park, we took a nine mile, one way, dirt road.  There were lots of places to pull off and take pictures.  It was a beautiful drive.  

At the end of the Old Fall River Road (closed in winter) we arrived at the Alpine Visitor Center, elevation 11,796 ft.  We ate lunch at the snack bar before taking the main road back down to Estes Park and on into Loveland.

No comments:

Post a Comment