Monday, August 20, 2012

August 20, 2012


August 20, 2012

Michelle took today off from work so we spent most of the time running errands.  There never is a shortage of those around here.

As a treat, we took Matthew for root beer floats.  That is one of his favorites.  We went to Red Robin where they serve "bottomless" floats.  He consumed three!  Yup!  He really likes 'em!

We had the carpet cleaned today.  It really needed it after all the traveling this spring and summer.  It looks like new.

We had a funny thing happen yesterday, so I am going to backtrack and share it with you.  A lot of you know that about 25 years ago Bill cut off a finger on his left hand.  And, no, that's not the funny part.  Please read on.

Yesterday when we were eating lunch up on top of the mountain, I ask Bill how much it was going to cost to get the carpet cleaned.  Because he was eating he raised his left hand.  I said, "40?"  He shook his head and held up his hand again.  I replied the same as before.  He looked at me as if I were a nitwit.  Then he looked at his hand and immediately held up his right hand.  I said, "Oh, 50."  Meredith and I laughed uncontrollably.  It was the funniest thing that's happened since the kids and I went through family pictures in June!

No comments:

Post a Comment