Thursday, August 30, 2012

August 30 2012


August 30, 2012

We were at our lawyer’s office for quite a while this morning.  We had some questions to ask and lots of forms to sign.  

I was very proud of Bill.  He stayed awake.  As soon as he got home, I am really sure he headed for a nap.  I really can’t say absolutely, because I “dumped” him at the driveway and took off. 

I had several places to go in preparation for our departure on Tuesday.  We both needed some of our prescriptions refilled so that involved a trip to Walmart.

I also shopped at my own pace.  That is a luxury I don’t often have.  As I went back to my car I saw a small fire kind of close to the front sidewalk of the store.  They have a chili pepper roaster there and will roast, for free, the peppers you buy inside the store. 

I’m not sure what was burning, but there was smoke, mainly, and a black towel was on the ground.  There was a lot of water around and someone was stomping on the towel.  Such excitement!  It was either a fire or a new dance step that I had never seen before.  All I can say is, if you want hot peppers you should go to the pepper roasting place at Walmart.  Ah, Chihuahua!  The fun never ends.

The weather has been rather warm the last few days, so after getting some banking chores accomplished,  I went to Meredith and Dwaine's cool house.  Dwaine, the dogs, and I watched a movie.  Actually, I was the only one not napping.  Meredith was in her upstairs office, so we tried to stay out of her way.

I called Brent tonight to see if Isaac had brought much rain to his area.  He said they got about 3”.  Most of it went to the Delta area of Mississippi and to Arkansas.  Glad he’s safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment