Tuesday, May 15, 2012

May 15, 2012


May 15, 2012   

Our first cache for today was one of our DNFs from yesterday.  The owner of the cache replaced it after we were there.  I learned that from the geocaching web site.  Sure enough, there it was!  That’s the kind of tale I like to tell.

The second one for the day was up a steep hill.  Once we got to the top, we had to bushwhack.  The biggest problem was a ground cover of vines.  They were everywhere.  I was being very careful, but at one point both of my ankles were wrapped in vines.  Down I went!

It wasn’t so much like a fall, but more of a tumble.  I rolled into a bush.  The ants in the area weren’t very happy to see me.  Thank goodness, they weren’t fire ants.  I only got a couple of bites, but that was enough.  We continued to the cache with no more problems.  The trip back to the car was blessedly uneventful.

After a “practice lunch” at Burger King we found one more cache to log before deciding to return to the motorhome.

As a result of rolling around in the weeds, the tick count is now 12 for me and 1 for Bill.  Ugh!  Not a fun contest!

We have an interesting thing happening at the motorhome.  Ever since we pulled into our parking spot at this COE campground, our house has been pecked by an upset cardinal.  It must have a nest nearby because it sees itself in our mirrored windows and attacks.  It has happened over and over.  At the rate its going, the poor thing won’t have a beak left by the time we leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment